Experience D-Day and discover Norman cider
Belgian Beer & Chocolate Tour lets you discover Normandy during a six-day tour. You will visit the major sites of the D-Day landing in 1944 and the tour ends with a visit to a cider factory with a tasting. Historical and gourmet experiences on the program!
D-Day, the 1944 landing
Take a leap back in time and step into a period that has marked history forever. In June 1944, when the Second World War had been going on for far too long, thousands of soldiers from around the world landed on the beaches of Normandy to restore peace and put an end to the invasion.
Take a look at the D-Day & Cider Tour
- Departure from Paris city center, the Paris Charles de Gaule Airport or the Orly Airport.
- Travel to Normandy (three hours).
- Check in to hotel, enjoy lunch and the first visit.
Days Two to Four:
Tour of all the beaches, museums and cemeteries of the D-Day landing on June 6, 1944.
- Landing Beaches: Arromanches, Sainte-Mère-Église, Utah Beach, Omaha Beach, Gold Beach, Juno Beach, Sword Beach and more.
- The many cemeteries where the 210,000 Allied soldiers who perished in Normandy are buried.
- Museums: the Omaha Beach Memorial Museum (history of the D-Day landings of 6 June 1944), the ANSA Museum (aviation and air combat in Normandy), the Overlord Museum (major stages of the landing and collection of 10,000 items dating from the war), the Landing Museum, etc.
- Visit to an artisanal biscuit factory and a cider factory.
An extra (optional) visit to Mont-Saint-Michel, an architectural marvel less than 1.5 hours away.
Return to Paris (or Brussels, Amsterdam, …)
Gourmet tours and cider tasting
At lunchtime, you can choose a restaurant in the area or your driver can show you where you can try out local specialties such as pancakes, Norman cider and many others.
During this six-day tour, we will also visit a cider factory. You will discover all the manufacturing secrets of this fermented drink and you will enjoy a tasting session.
You will also learn more about biscuits visiting a local artisan biscuit factory.
A tour of Mont-Saint-Michel (optional)
Finally, to end this tour in beauty, we suggest that you make a small detour and visit Mont-Saint-Michel. This UNESCO World Heritage town is perched on a rocky islet and located in the heart of a large bay. Let yourself be fascinated by the beauty of the place, the architecture and the abbey! You will also be able to taste the famous omelet made by Mère Poulard.
We can collect you from any Paris airport and drop you off at the end of the tour. You can of course also start your trip in Brussels, but the tour will then take slightly longer. We are always flexible and available to discuss the organization and adapt all the practical details so that they suit your requirements.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please contact us by phone, email or by using our contact form.